Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 Days of Simple Painted Projects


Hi Everyone! Welcome to 31 Days of Simple Painted Projects.

If you are a blogger, you are most likely familiar with the Nester's 31 Day writing challenge that comes around every October. Last year I failed miserably and never finished. Sad Face. But, it is a new year, and I am really excited about taking this project on this year. I have been thinking about my topic for several weeks, but could not land on anything. I finally decided that it was time to get back to my roots.

My absolute favorite thing to do is a simple painted project. And when I say simple, I really do mean simple. I enjoy the projects that can be completed in a short period of time with very little effort on my end. I really enjoy spray paint, and anything that I can do with a small set of paint brushes and acrylic paint. I have done my share of painting furniture the old fashioned way, but I don't enjoy it, and do not consider it to be simple.

Come back each day to see a Simple Painted Project. Most of these projects are things that I have done over the years, and are buried in my archives, but there will be PLENTY of new projects as well.

Are you ready to see today's Simple Painted Project?



 This is one of my all time favorites. I found this lamp base at the rescue mission. They happened to be running a special on lamps this particular day, so I only paid $1 for this lamp! I came home and found a can of orange spray paint in the cabinet. It was the perfect pop of color for this room... way back in the day. Unfortunately, as the room progressed, the orange didn't stay. Spray paint is easy, so you will see this lamp again this month sporting a different color. Oh, and the lampshade is by Better Homes and Gardens for Walmart. (Not sponsored)


All 31 Days
Day 1 - Intro + Thrifted Lamp Base
Day 2 - Herringbone Pumpkin
Day 3 - Chandelier
Day 4 - Painted Frame
Day 5 - Striped Tray
Day 6 -Vintage Metal Art
Day 7 - Dipped Boxes
Day 8 - Simple Chandelier
Day 9 - Picture Frame Turned Chalkboard
Day 10 - Back of Bookcase
Day 11 - Another Thrifted Lamp Base
Day 12 - Unify Mismatched Frames
Day 13 - THE Vase
Day 14 - Adding a Stripe
Day 15 - Green Chandelier
Day 16 - Update a Ceiling Fan With Paint
Day 17 - Abstract Art
Day 18 - Add a Pop of Color to Built Ins
Day 19 - The Green Lamp
Day 20 - Bamboo Chalkboard
Day 21 - Painted Urn
Day 22 - Silhouettes
Day 23 - Favorite Tools for Spray Painting
Day 24 - Shelf Brackets
Day 25 - Nightstand
Day 26 - Painted Photo Mats
Day 27 - A Chalkboard Made from Wood
Day 28 - Chalkboard Closet Doors
Day 29 - Painted Interior Doors
Day 30 - The Rattan Chair
Day 31 - Painted Desk Chair



Linking this post to:
What You Wish Wednesday
Your Designs This Time

8 comments:

  1. LOVE this! What a fun series, too. I can';t wait to follow along... I'm in the midst of painting an end table, chairs, and the deck, so I'm going to enjoy sitting back and watching you paint... even though I should be out there painting instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, I'm so glad that you will be following along! Enjoy your painting projects. I always find it very relaxing.

      Delete
  2. YOU are awesome! What a great series idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to following along with you this month! I love using paint as well, and will be using a lot of it as well these next 31 days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shape of this lamp! Just fyi for some reason the other day links weren't working on my phone. Could just be phone but wanted to let you know just in case.

    Sarah May
    Aninnerdisposition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your ideas. I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...