Friday, October 31, 2014

Five on Friday - Fall Edition

It has been way too long since I have done a Five on Friday post! This has been a full week, so you get a bonus number 6 at the end.


1. My sister got married in August, but her wedding reception was this past Saturday. It was such a fun weekend. Friday night all of our family come over for a Chili Dinner and S more's by the fire. Saturday morning I got up early to go decorate the venue. It was beautiful! (I'll do a separate post on that another day.) The reception was so much fun! I am so happy for my Sis and new Bro and enjoyed spending the weekend with family.


2. I finally took the boys to the pumpkin patch.


3. We had a great time at Trunk or Treat this year. The boys decided a few months ago that they wanted to do a Lego Movie theme. Asher was President Business, I was Wild Style, Cade was Benny, and Henry was Emmet. Cade always requests that their costumes be comfortable to play in so that they can easily do all of the fun activities. This year I kept it simple and just did tops and half masks.


Our games were very simple, but seemed to be a hit. We had several kids that kept coming back over and over.






We had a Lego Toss made out of poster board and a few jars full of Legos for a Guessing Game.
 


4. I participated in the Nester's 31 Day Writing Challenge during the month of October. It was a crazy busy month to take something like this on, but I am happy that I did it. I learned a lot. I missed a few days, but will be filling in those posts very soon. You can view the posts HERE if you would like to check them out.


5. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen this, but I still wanted to show you here. The short version is that the Erin Condren Life Planner Covers will fit the Plum Paper Planner.

 I have really enjoyed my Plum Paper Planner this year, but I had a credit at Erin Condren that was enough to order a new Life Planner and extra cover for Free. (The extra cover was a promotion from Erin Condren.) I decided that this would be a great way to try the Erin Condren Life Planner to see if I could get used to not having lines. It may end up not being a big deal.

 You can read my reviews about the Plum Paper Planners HERE and HERE to see why I chose it over the Erin Condren Life Planner last year.

I for sure prefer the Erin Condren Covers over the ones from Plum Paper. I knew this for sure after getting the Erin Condren Teacher Planner. The colors are just more vibrant. I have a few months left in my Plum Paper Planner. I was looking at the 2 side by side and was pretty sure that the Erin Condren Cover would fit perfectly on the Plum Paper Planner. The PP cover is a little bit wider, but if you take it off, the Erin Condren Cover fits perfectly on the Plum Paper Planner. It was a fun discovery that I wanted to pass along. I like knowing that if after using the EC planner I still prefer the lines in the PP one, I can order a PP planner and and EC cover and have the perfect planner.

If you are interested in ordering something from Erin Condren, and are a new customer, please use the referral link on my side bar. You will receive $10 off of your first EC order, and I will receive a credit to use towards a future purchase.


YOU GET A BONUS NUMBER 6 THIS WEEK!


6.  I wanted to give you a heads up about some fun things happening here next week. On Tuesday, I will be participating the Let's Gather Thanksgiving Blog Hop hosted by Amanda, at Cultivate Create, and then on Wednesday, we will be having our first WYWW Giveaway.

You don't want to miss either one.


http://alizadventures.blogspot.com/



1 comment:

  1. Carrie @ Curly Crafty MomOctober 31, 2014 at 3:51 PM

    I love your coordinating costumes for Trunk or Treat! So fun!! I also can't wait to see how you decoration the venue for your sisters wedding reception. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...