Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hardware Quick Fix

Here is a really simple, cheap fix.

I have never liked the hardware that came on my buffet when it was purchased. I didn't hate it so bad that I thought about it every time I walked by it which is probably the reason it took me a while to get around to changing it.

After looking through all of the knobs on-line and at my usual stores, I realized that I liked the knob, just not the color. So I decided that I would save myself some cash.

I bought a $3 can of silver metallic paint and spray painted these babies. Quick, easy, cheap!


Before



After



How To Tip- It isn't always easy to get to all of the round sides of the knob when you are trying to paint them. If you will punch the screw through the underside of cardboard or a styro-plate and then screw the knob on they will be much easier to paint.

I also followed up with 2 coats of a clear glossy spray paint to protect the finish.

3 comments:

  1. Using a styrofoam plate - what a great idea! I never would have thought of this, but have definitely had trouble spray painting knobs and things with similar shapes.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big improvement! I may actually try this to a piece of furniture I've been refinishing - hardware can be sooo expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...