Wednesday, June 9, 2010

4 Months


My sweet little guy is 4 months old today.


He is starting to hold things on his own, and is really starting to enjoy some of his toys.

He still hasn't rolled over yet, but he is getting close to rolling from his back to his tummy.

Tummy time is getting longer, but still not one of his favorite things.

He really wants his big brother's trains,
so I'm going to have to see if I can find some soft Thomas Trains.

The easiest way to get him to laugh is to tickle his neck.

His hands aren't always in a fist anymore.
Now they are usually together or in his mouth so he can chew on them.

We are still mostly breastfeeding and it's going well,
but I have started giving him a formula bottle everyday at his 12pm feeding.
This has really made life easier for me.
I'm not one to breastfeed in public, and this has made running errands and lunch dates easier.
We are also going on vacation later this month so I thought it would be a good idea for him to be able to take a formula bottle since I'm not how everyday will go.
In addition to the formula bottle at noon he gets a formula bottle before bed after he has nursed.
He just seems to sleep better, so we are going with it.

He is sleeping through the night (most nights). Sometimes we have to get up at 4 and put his pacifier back in his mouth, and then he will usually sleep until 5 or 6.

He weighs 14 pounds 3 ounces
and is 24.5 inches long

We are finishing up a box of 1-2 diapers and then he will need a size 2.

He can still wear some 3-6 month clothing, but is wearing more 9 months and 6-12 months. I'm still amazed at how much bigger he is at this age than Cade was.

Here is the current routine, but I think it's going to change some soon.
5-6 am - Wake up to eat and then right back to bed.
9 am - Wake up to eat again and then some play time.
10:30 am - Nap time.
12 pm - Wake up to eat, and then more playtime.
1:30 pm - Nap time.
3 pm - Wake up to eat and then more play time. I don't lay him down again for a nap, but sometimes he will take a little nap in his swing.
6 pm - Time to eat again and then get ready for bed.
7 pm - Bedtime



2 comments:

  1. They grow up so fast and all that worrying about one tiny little thing (for me it was nursing) just dissolves in time. He is so CUTE :-)
    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how different your kids can be. My first one was such a big boy and then the twins were so tiny. He is such a doll Nikki!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...