Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Painted Tray


I've been on the lookout for a tray to put on my ottomans. 
You know, to hold a drink, or the remote, or plastic dinosaurs.


I went into my favorite thrift store last week, 
and found this beauty for 75 cents! 
What, you don't like the "welcome friends" stenciled on it? 
Well, I didn't either, but I knew that all it needed was a quick sand, 
a coat of primer, and then a coat (or 3) of glossy white spray paint.


I could have stopped there, but I decided to add some stripes. 
 I though about a chevron  pattern, or this quatrefoil
but in the end my laziness won. 
I went with the stripes simply because it was going to take the least amount of effort.


A little painter's tape, a little acrylic paint brushed on, and I was done.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome transformation...good job! Well, the latest thing I made over wasn't from a thrift store but actually from the garage! This tall cabinet was left here from the previous tenants and I decided to use it as storage in the kitchen/dining area. I cleaned it up, primed and painted black & cream striped, then used a diamond stencil on the doors. (I haven't posted a picture on my blog yet, but I will.)

    Have a wonderful day!
    ~Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I am thinking of doing a similar design on the kids side tables. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I love this what a great idea and find. I need to know where your favorite thrift store is. I need some projects to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find and transformaiton! It looks so modern now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stripes - classy and you won't hate them in 6 months (hopefully)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...