Sunday, September 26, 2010

weekly plan - september 26, 2010


sunday - sloppy joes, potato salad
monday - roast beef and cheddar melts, leftover potato salad
tuesday - dinner with friends
wednesday - chicken, bean, and rice enchiladas {from the freezer}, chips and salsa
thursday -  meatloaf {from the freezer}, mashed potatoes{making a double batch to freeze}, peas
friday - red beans and rice, corn bread {didn't get to this last week}
saturday - leftovers


Do you do any freezer cooking? There are so many ways to make it work for you.

I have read about people that cook a ton of food at once to freeze a few months worth of meals at a time. That is a little extreme for me, but do like to do some simple things to have a few ready to eat or simple meals at a moments notice. I have gotten out of the habit, but am trying to get back into it.

If I find a good deal on ground beef I normally buy about 5 lbs or so and make it into freezer meals. (some of the things I have done are - meatloaf, meatballs, sloppy joes, browned and seasoned for mexican dishes, browned and seasoned for italian dishes, and just hambuger patties to throw on the grill)

Another thing I do every now and then is double a recipe when I am making it for dinner, and put the second one in the freezer. Or if I am making a dish that would feed us at least 3 or 4 times, I will only cook half and put the rest in the freezer so that we aren't eating the same meal 3 or 4 times in a row just to keep it from going to waste. 

I have found that I don't like chili from the freezer. Just a random thought.

Do you do any freezer cooking? What do you cook and how do you like to freezer cook?

Feel free to leave links to your fav recipes that freeze well in the comments. I will check them out.


weekly plan
I don't have any projects in the works this week.
My goal is just to continue to tweak our new routine, and take the boys to the park at least once since it won't be 90 degrees this week.
I'm just going to enjoy my sweet boys.
They are going up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...