Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter




Here are the boys Easter morning before church. Boys are silly, but it is better than the crying pic from last year. I hoped to get a family shot, but it didn't happen. I don't have a tripod and when we got home from church I went straight into get lunch ready mode. Oh, well.

We had a very busy, but fun Easter. The boys had several egg hunts to attend and several family get togethers. There was also an egg scabble at church right after the Easter service on Sunday. There was a prize, a big prize, but first I need to give you a little back story.

About 2 weeks ago Cade asked us to download the new Angry Bird Space game on his iPod touch. He has an older version ( a hand me down) that won't load the new game. Cade asked for a NEW iPod touch and wanted to know how he "could earn a couple of hundreds". He cracks me up. I told him that he would need to ask the Lord for a new iPod touch and believe to receive it. I wasn't planning on buying him one, but he could certainly ask God for one. I want my kids to know that God is their source.

Fast forward to one week ago. I get a church email that gave a few details about the egg scramble. There would be 2 grand prizes, one for each age group. The older kids - an iPod touch, the younger kids - a $100 gift card to Toy R Us. I told Cade, but let him know that he would most likely have to hunt with the youger kids for the girt card. I expected him to be upset. His response, "that's okay, I already asked God for a new iPod touch. He can help me find the gift card to put towards a new touch." I love this kid.



Anyway, we went to the scramble. He had to hunt with the younger kids. He found the prized egg. He couldn't be more excited. He knows that God will provide the other money he needs for the iPod or the iPod. I love seeing my children learn to use their faith at such a young age. I know it's just and iPod, but God really is our source for everthing; and I am glad that he is learning that.

Oh, just in case you don't know, instagram is now available for the android market. I'm hooked. If you would like to keep up with my daily pics look me up, I'm nikkisnacs. ;)

I know that I have a lot to update on the blog. I'll get to it... eventually.




Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. How good is the Lord?! I'm so happy sweet Cade won the prize! What a week packed with God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...