Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tap Tap, is this thing on?

I have no idea if anyone still subscribes to this blog of mine, but I'm back. I think.

I didn't intentionally take a 3+ month break, but I guess I needed it.

I don't plan to share a lot about my mom (it's her story not mine), but she was diagnosed with cancer at the beginning of this year. It made me really take a look at how I spend most of my days and I wasn't happy or proud of all of the "stuff" that I let take over real life. I needed make some major adjustments to my priorities.


(This was my birthday in May. I need a new pic, my hair is way shorter and my face isn't that fat :) )

I have spent the last 3 or so months spending a lot less time on the computer (still working on not being on my phone as much) and working on being a more intentional wife and mother. It's been a slow, but much needed change. I am working out again, eating better, and super excited about this new homeschool year. I have a 1st grader!

I have done a lot of projects that may eventually make the blog in some way or another. House projects are just part of my make up. I did them way before the blog and will continue after the blog. Maybe I'll be able to catch you up on some of them.


I hope you are all doing well!




Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

5 comments:

  1. Girl, I know just what you mean! I have been examining the very same things. Praying for your mama.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. :) REALLY sorry to hear about your mom. Will keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you. :-) I was thinking about you recently! Glad to hear about the good changes in life. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back!! I'm in the same boat with you, Nikki!! Amazing to see you made the decision this week to jump back in - I have too!! I've taken a much needed sabbatical recently (like 2 years!) for mostly the same reasons. But have been feeling the pull to explore the blog world once again. I've always loved your posts, and reading about your home re-do's are always fascinating! I don't have a stitch of re-do in me, although I pretend and live vicariously through crafty gals like you! So keep 'em coming. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. That is not an easy road. My husbands mom was diagnosed last week, and I have yet to mention on FB or Twitter, or detail it in a blog. I feel the same - it's her story, plus I just don't want to sensationalize it or maybe I don't want to live in the reality of it, but also believing for a different report. Anyway, Welcome Back!!! I've missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...