Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Pinterest Party

Let me just start by telling you that I DID NOT host, or even help plan this party. I was however, a very excited guest. I can NOT take credit for any of this, but I had a GREAT time and wanted to tell you about it.

I am part of a local Mom's Meet-up group. I have been a very inactive member this year, but am trying to jump back in. We have a great group of organizers and one of the things that we have every month is a Mom's Night Out. This month one of the organizers (this is her blog - One Crafty Momma and Facebook - Sew Victoria Sew, go check them out) wanted to host a Pinterest Party! I have been excited about this since it was first mentioned. The idea was that every guest bring a prepared recipe from and Pinterest Pin, a fall/Halloween craft made/inspired by a Pinterest Pin to exchange white elephant style and then we were going to make 5ish (I think it ended up being 7) crafts at the party.

They organizers went above and beyond just that. They had a TON of businesses that donated items to be given away as well as goody bags for each guest that contained coupons, discounts, crafted items, personalized items, and just plain good stuff!

There was a lot of  planning, time, crafting, and organizing that went into making this a success.


 Tile Coaster and Chipboard Letter Station.



Baking Sheet Memo Board Station.
You could use chalkboard paint or paper and mod podge.


 Painted Plate or Coffee Mug Station


Bird Nest Necklace Station


Fabric Covered Button Station


 Diy Sugar Scrub Staion


Gifts that everyone made to exchange. 


The Food!


There was so much food, and it was so good!




Check out these cute cups that everyone got to drink out of for the night, and then take home. 
I personally think that these would be great for any party.




Check out all of the loot I cam home with.


This is the awesome gift that I that I received  stole. I just had to have the Alabama coasters and the etched "give thanks" dish. I was also really excited about the 52 Things We're Thankful For book made from a deck of cards. I have thought about making one a time or two and then decided that I would probably never finish all of the cutting and glueing, so this was a total win for me. :)


Here is a close-up of the etching one side of the dish.


I drew an owl on my plate, covered the baking pan in chalkboard paint, ran out of time to do anything to the C, covered my tile coasters in with owl printed paper and mod podge and then sealed them, glued buttons to magnets, made the sugar scrub, and attempted to make a necklace.



My necklace doesn't resemble a bird's nest at all, but that was on purpose. I picked beads and grew rather attached to them. I didn't want to change them even after I realized that they looked a little inappropriate in a nest, one was long, 2 were small and round, and just didn't quite look like eggs. So, I chose to wrap them more organically. ;)




I still need to bake this plate, but it seems as though I have grown fond of owls here lately. I need to do a roundup of all of the owls that have made a home in my house over the last few months.


 Check out all of the stuff in the goody bags. Some donated by sponsors, and a lot of it made by the group organizers. The headband is from Vintage Rose Wraps and fits very nicely.




How cute are these name tags?


 Pretty sweet, right?




I took Garden Bacon Monkey Bread to eat,



and of course the craft that I made to exchange was the Herringbone Pumpkin.

Here is where I have to fess up. I was proud of my pumpkin and thought it would be a big hit, but at the last minute I decided to add a "Thanks" Banner that I had in my cabinet. In my mind I was thinking, the banner was great, I don't have a place for it in my home anymore, I will just add it as a BONUS to what I already made for someone else to enjoy.  I didn't make the banner. I won it in a giveaway on another blog. I was not at all trying to pass it off as something that I made, it honestly didn't even occur to me that people would think I made it. I'm sorry. I felt like I jerk when it hit me that everyone thought I made the banner, and I'm pretty sure everyone liked the banner more than my cute herringbone pumpkin. :(

So, if you go to a party and are supposed to bring something that you made, don't have a brain lapse and think that that includes anything that is handmade unless it was made with your hands. You will feel like a jerk.

The Pinterest Party was a lot of fun, and I think that everyone enjoyed all of the hard work that was put into it. Have you ever hosted a crafting party that was this involved? How did it go?

Three more questions....If you were going to attend a Pinterest Party what would you bring to eat,  what would you bring as a gift to exchange, and what craft would be your top pick to make at the party?




*Pinterest isn't affiliated in any way with this blog, or the party I went to. We just had a good time bringing some of our pins to life. 









Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

9 comments:

  1. This is so stinkin' cool. What a great idea and awesome crafts to choose. And I also love that Give Tganks platter. I've een wanting to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I've been thinking of doing mason jars as cups for an upcoming shin dig I'm hosting. Now I must cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love loved the Herringbone Pumpkin and I'm so so glad I stole it!!! :) It was my favorite part!! The bunting was a total bonus in my book!! :) Thanks for coming, I'm glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the pumpkin. Everyone did such a great job with ALL of the crafts. I would have been happy with any of them. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

      Delete
  4. Great photos. It was so fun seeing you there. You got a lot finished. I loved your owl and the matching tile. Fun. The monkey bread you made was soo good. Thanks for bringing that. I'll have to remember that for any up and coming holiday get togethers. Both the banner and the pumpkin were a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I had fun, and I ate way too much of your snicker salad. :) I never did figure out what your craft was... you'll have to refresh my memory.

      Delete
  5. Love that you took the Garden Monkey Bread! What a cool party idea. Thanks for linking back to my site for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey stranger!! I'm planning a Pinterest Party and just found this post pinned on Pinterest. I remembered your blog immediately an dwas so excited to see that it was YOU! ;) Great to see your smiling face again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...