Sunday, September 1, 2013

Organizing Our Life



Sounds so serious, "Organizing Our Life"!

So here is the thing...I am one of those people that likes to be organized, but I have to work REALLY hard at it. It doesn't come naturally to me. I am pretty good at organizing stuff, but not my TIME. I am also one of those non-committal types when it comes to my time. I don't have to have routine, but I do like to know in advance if you need me to do something.

So this is what happens....my house is nice and clean and organized, until I decide to paint something, or rearrange something, or whatever. At that point there is no laundry getting done or any picking up after myself until the project is complete. And dinner, well, I had that planned out, but then did not execute the plan.

Thankfully my husband and boys love me, and have gotten used to how I am about certain things, but I needed to make a change. Everyone else in my house likes routine, and order. They all function much better with a well executed plan. I know this, and have been fighting it, but it was time to get my Mommy rear in gear. The start of a new school year was the motivation that I needed. I really want this year to be great, not, we got it all done, but it wasn't fun in the process.

I have been going through our home and working on getting rid of the excess, and organizing the stuff to make our days flow better. I have established a cleaning routine that works for ME! I am much like my kids and am having to learn that you do the important stuff first AND THEN move on to the "projects" or blogging, or tv, or whatever. I know this sounds so simple, but I was really doing it all backwards.

Do I have it all together? NOPE, but things are going much better. We are a homeschooling family, and as much as I like the freedom that comes with that, my son works much better with a pretty strict routine. School has gone well so far, everyone has clean laundry that is put away most of time, and we still have time to do the fun stuff. I still have a lot to learn, but I am happy with the progress and feel like it has been a good change for our family. 

What does all of this mean for you, my readers? It means that I have been working on adding blogging back into my life. I have missed it, but I can't let it take over, so I am taking it slow. I'm still not really sure where I want to start. I have done so much, and have so much to share. I do know that I want the blog to be more of a combination of all of the things that I set out for it to be in the beginning (see my blog header). Somewhere along the way I kind of went more in a decor/diy vain. That will still be a focus, but I think I want things to be a little more personal and real. I used to think about decor A LOT, and while it is still something I enjoy, I have learned to let it not take over.

If you made it through all of that, you deserve a cute pic of my littlest sweetie.


He was having a hard time putting his shoes on, and not thrilled that I was taking pics of  it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...