Wednesday, March 12, 2014

2 Bills 2 Blow - Cultivate Create


Hi everyone! I'm so excited to have Amanda, from Cultivate Create here today. After you check out today's post, be sure to head over to her blog and take a look at her home. She has a great eye for all things decor.

.............................................................................................................


Hi, all! I'm Amanda from Cultivate Create. I was absolutely tickled (Southernism for excited) when Nikki asked me to be a part of the 2 Bills 2 Blow series. I mean, who doesn't love to shop, even if it is just pretend money?


I am really glad that I got to be a part of this series because it has helped me start a design plan for a room in our home we haven't touched since we moved in a year and a half ago: our Powder Room. We have remodeled our kitchen, put down new floors in the main living spaces, and practically painted everything. But poor little Powder Room has been so terribly neglected.  


I am a bargain shopper and I am always on the lookout for good deals.  In my experience as a do-it-yourselfer, paint is often the best bang for your buck when wanting to update a space. And that is no different for this design plan with my 2 bills 2 blow. 


Here is how it breaks down:







Perfectly Pretty Powder Room

1. I would start by painting the walls with Benjamin Moore's Decorator White. That would give me a soft neutral base to work with, allowing my other design features to pop. One gallon, $25

2. Then, the cabinet and sink base would be painted Benjamin Moore's Anchor Gray.  I really love gray right now. This particular gray is a blue-gray and would do well to "anchor" the room. One gallon, $25

3. Next, my daring self would paint the ceiling Valspar's Mint Gala. An unexpected pop of color on the ceiling would keep the space from being boring. (See number 6 for the ceiling wow factor!) Once quart, $15

4. A new mirror above the vanity is the next item I'd put in the space. The one above is larger than the current one we have, and would reflect more light in the small space. Target Threshold Silver Beaded Wall Mirror, $24.99

5. Now, we're ready to add a nice vessel sink to the newly painted vanity. Round Vitreous China Vessel Sink, $89.99 overstock.com

6. Lastly, to add a little "oomph" to the space, I would use the bird stencil from Royal Design Studio onto the ceiling (pictured below). I would use the same Decorator White paint leftover from the walls to paint the adorable birds onto the Mint Gala ceiling. Stencil, $19.95



Stencil from Royal Design Studio
I can just see it now!  A powder room that is pretty close to perfect!  And it all came in at $199.93.  Not bad!  


Thanks, Nikki, for having me today.  Now, I can't wait to get started on my powder room!


.............................................................................................................

Can you believe she is going to be able to do all of that for just $200! Oh, and I am now obsessed with that bird stencil.


I am currently accepting posts for this series. If you would like to participate, please send me an email and I'll get you put on the calendar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...