Monday, September 22, 2014

Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich



Y'all! This is so good!

Grilled Pimento Cheese is like a regular Grilled Cheese Sandwich take up several notches. I had one at a restaurant a few weeks ago, and knew that I could recreate this at home.

This would be perfect paired with a cup of Tomato Soup.

Homemade Pimento Cheese
8oz of Colby Jack Cheese, Shredded
1-2 Tbsp of Pimento, plus a little bit of juice
1/3 c. Mayo (That is a guesstimate. I have never measured; just add it until you have reached the desired consistency)

Mix with a fork until combined.

Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich
2 slices of white bread
a few scoops of Pimento Cheese
butter

Butter one slice of bread and then put butter side down in a heated skillet. Add Pimento Cheese and then top with  the second slice of buttered bread, butter side up. Cook until nice and golden brown and then flip to the other side. It is done once both sides are golden brown and Pimento Cheese is melted and gooey.

Enjoy!






Linking this post to:

What You Wish Wednesday
Your Designs This Time - Little House of Four

3 comments:

  1. I have never tried a pimento cheese sandwich, but this looks like something I'm going to have to try instead of our regular grilled cheese sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So these are not really my thing, but I was really excited when I saw this recipe because my mom LOVES pimento cheese sandwiches and I think she'd really enjoy this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...