Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Simple Painted Project - Update a Ceiling Fan With Paint



I know that not everyone is a fan of ceiling fans. I live in a two story house in South Alabama, so they are a must! I will make no apologies for them.

When we moved into this house the ceiling fan in our den looked like this.


There are a few reasons I chose to paint the ceiling fan instead of just replacing it.
1. I was able to complete this simple painted project for less than $10.
2. I HATE the light kit on all of the newer ceiling fans. I prefer the ones that actually give off light from regular light bulbs.

I had my husband take the fan down, and then I took it apart very carefully so that I could paint it. It really was fairly simple. I did one coat of spray primer and then a few coats of oil rubbed bronze spray paint. I also flipped then fan blades over to the darker side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...