Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Making Room for Baby

We finally have a plan for the nursery.

The Plan - find a place for everything that is currently in our office so that it can become a nursery. This will be the hardest part of this plan.

-I have to find a smaller desk and relocate the computer to the dining room. Not real excited about this part, but there is no other place. The desk may evolve over time. I'm going to see if we can swap desks with my parents (they would love our huge desk) and use theirs until I find what I want.

-My husband's favorite red chair will be relocated to the living room. The red chair is the ONLY red thing in our house, but he loves it, so I have to make it work. This will require revamping the colors in the living room. I will be doing this spending very little money.

-I have to empty my hutch in the dining room to make room for office type supplies. It has glass doors that I will cover with fabric or paper or something so that you can't see the "pretties" inside. My real pretties will be packed up until we get a bigger house.

-PURGE, PURGE, PURGE! I'm going to have to part with a lot of stuff, and so is the husband. There will be a lot to get trashed, donated, and sold, but a lot will have to be stored until we get a bigger house.

I also have a plan for making it a real nursery, not just an empty room.

-paint has been picked out
-bedding has been purchased
-furniture will be painted
- artwork is underway


I have my work cut out for me.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys will have a lot of work to do, but I am positive that you can get it all done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck...not that you need it! Decorating a nursery is definitely one of the best things about having another baby :-) Can't wait to see the end results of all of your new decorating projects!

    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you can do it! We had to purge, too. I was surprised at how much we had that we didn't really NEED. I am sure that you will do a great job--you'll get those bursts of energy when you are nesting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are making some headway, with your paint color picked out and bedding purchased. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the end result. It will be fab, I know. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a small undertaking at all...can't wait to see pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nikki, I just came over to your blog for the first time following some link . . . to your thanksgiving table setting. Anyway, I saw the tag for nurseries and decided to click on it as I'm expecting my first and thinking nursery and all. I know well about "making room for baby". I too am going to have to move the computer to the dining room which is not my favorite thing but I'm trying to look at the pluses. How was your "making room" been going? I'm not due until April so the major rearranging, etc. will start after Christmas although I'm trying to take some baby step and start some purging of stuff as I can. Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...