Monday, June 14, 2010

Birthday Frame {the tutorial}


I don't always give handmade gifts, but sometimes I do. Sometimes, I include something handmade with something store bought. My son's friend is turning 4 and he wanted to get him a toy and something made by mom. Mom went with a picture frame.

I took pictures along the way, but they pretty much looked like crud, so here is the tutorial with no pictures. I'm certain that you can follow along. It's quite simple.

-start with an unfinished wooden frame (these can be purchase at most craft stores)
-paint 2-3 coats of an acrylic paint on the back and front of frame, let dry
-tape off stripes with painters tape
-paint your second color, let dry
-use a sanding block to sand the edges, front, and back (if you don't want the frame to be a little distressed sand the frame before the first coat of paint)
-paint a round wooden unfinished disc (can be purchased at most craft stores)
-paint number on the front with a paint brush or paint pen, let dry
-sand edges of round disc
-seal the frame and disc with good sealer to protect frame
-glue #disc to front of frame

OR, you could just place a custom order for one in my etsy shop.

linked to:
Market Yourself Monday - Sumo's Sweet Stuff


4 comments:

  1. this turned out so cute! such a fun (and inexpensive!) gift :)

    i'm sure he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Would be cute to make somebody a set for a baby shower. Could do 1-12 months or something like that. Thanks for sharing!
    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Gift..I so enjoyed seeing what you do....Hope you will stop by. "I have a giveaway on mine" at A Baby Changes Everything and by the end of the day will have one on my main blog.

    Have a safe and happy Fourth. Celebrate America
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...