Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lo Mein

Sunday on the way home from church I realized that I had not planned something for lunch, but didn't really want to get take out, so I googled "Lo Mein recipes" from the car trying to find a recipe that used things that I had on hand. Most recipes that I came across called for hoisan sauce (that I didn't have) or sesame oil (that my husband doesn't like).

I came across this recipe and made some tweaks (left out a bunch of stuff).

1/2 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
1/4 cup Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
2-3 cloves  garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
red pepper flakes to taste (optional)

Cook noodles according to package directions.

Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingrediants (except red pepper flakes) in a sauce pan and cook on med-low until heated through, stirring frequently.

Drain noodles and return to pan. Poor sauce over and toss. Add red pepper flakes to taste. 

Enjoy.




Go like nikki's nacs on Facebook.


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...