Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2 Bills 2 Blow - Satori Design for Living

Hello lovely Nikki's Nacs readers! I'm Shauna from Satori Design for Living. I was thrilled when Nikki asked me to be part of her 2 Bills 2 Blow series. The tricky part was deciding what room I would spend $200 on because I'm planning on doing quite a few updates this year. I settled on the smallest room in our house- the powder room.

Currently our powder room is a blank slate with soft white paint and fixtures- BORING! My overall goal was to infuse color, texture and sparkle to this room.
1. To start with I'd add artwork above the towel bar. These vintage moth prints from Saturated Color on Etsy are unique and full of color (2 at $7.99 each). I'd frame them in these beautiful silver foil frames with linen matting from Indigo (2 at $44.50 each).

2. I'd take advantage of Pottery Barn's white sale and purchase two white hand towels with a sandalwood satin stitch border (2 at $14.00 each).

3. Above the toilet I'd install white shelves from Ikea (3 at $5.00 each) and accessorize with some items I already have- books, coral, shells, glass canisters and a wooden box. Here is the inspiration picture.


{via Mr. Goodwill Hunting on Pinterest}

4. I'd paint out the back of the shelves in deep blue color (blue danube 2062-30) from Benjamin Moore (one quart at $25.95- prices may vary by type of paint and location).

5. Next I'd purchase small wire baskets from Crate & Barrel to hold supplies (2 at $12.95).

Grand total= $199.83

Note: all prices are US (except Indigo) and do not include tax or shipping.

With a small amount of elbow grease and a few purchases totaling close to $200.00, I think my powder room will have the wow factor I'm looking for. Thanks Nikki- this was fun!






Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me Nikki. This was a lot of fun and I can't wait to make some changes to my powder room- definitely long overdue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all of your choices .... especially the paint color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices!! I love any kind of built-ins and baskets!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the things you chose Shauna and I love this 2 bills 2 blow feature!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...