Friday, April 13, 2012

The 100 cal Iced Coffee



I have a thing for coffee. I like it black, hot or cold, or sweet and creamy. It is warming up and I am gravitating more to iced coffee. I also tend to crave less sweet stuff if I have had a sweet creamy coffee, so it really is a good thing.

I have a Keurig, but it doesn't have the iced coffee setting and I don't buy the special iced coffee k-cups. I'm pretty sure that it would be just the same with a cup of coffee from a regular coffee pot.

You will need
2 tsp. sugar
2 tbsp. creamer (35 cal. per 1tbsp. serving - I like the Natural Bliss Sweet Cream from Coffee Mate)
1 cup prepared coffee - a dark roast (I use a k-cup made on the 7 oz. or Medium setting)
ice
1 large cup

Instructions
- Put 2 tsp. of sugar in bottom of your cup (assuming you are using a keurig, if not put sugar into coffee after it has been brewed)
- Let your coffee cool for a few minutes
- Add creamer, and fill your cup with ice.

You have just saved yourself about $4, a trip through the drive-thru, and some mega calories.


Linking up to these blog parties
A Bowl Full of Lemons - Tatertots and Jello - Positely Splendid - Delightful Order - It's Overflowing - The Shabby Nest






Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. I love all things coffee too. I have a friend with a Kurig and she would love this. We share a blog party @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/ I would like to invite you to stop by and share this at my Party the Sunday Round UP.
    Thanks
    Rose
    PS. I love your blog and I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...