Monday, August 27, 2012

A Batman Room?

If you have been reading this blog for any length of time, you know that when we moved last year we kept Cade's room mostly classic with a hint of Superman. Henry's room is still mostly the same as his original nursery from the previous house. I have been thinking that it would be fun to do something a little different for Henry, but had know idea what.

Last week, we found out that my husband's grandmother is moving and she offered us her original bedroom suite. It's beautiful, and will make a great set for Cade. The furniture won't fit quite right in Cade's room so the boys are swapping rooms. First of all, they are both SUPER EXCITED! Henry is so excited that he is getting Cade's stuff. He is in that stage of wanting everything he has to be like Cade's, so we are keeping the room mostly as is. We will have to move Heny's dresser into his new room, move the armoire into the playroom as a school cabinet, and move the bed to a different location to accommodate his large dresser, but overall the room will be mostly the same.

Cade is now excited that we get to redo his room, AGAIN! The problem is he always wants everything in his current fav color. I say current because it changes quite frequently. What is his fav right now? Yellow.

At first I wasn't sure that to think about yellow. I like yellow, it happens to be my one of my favs, but I knew that when Cade suggested it he was thinking LOTS of yellow, not as an accent. I was thinking, lets work with mostly navy and white and then add in whatever color he wants. Nope, he didn't like that idea. I want his room to reflect him, but I also don't want to redo it again in 6 months.



I have zero bedding that will fit a full size bed so we will be starting from scratch. I started looking through the bedding at Target on line and Cade picked this yellow comforter. I wasn't sure if it was right for a 6 year old boy, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. I really like the geometric pattern, it looks like it's gray on the other side, and the price is great.



He's six and I don't want his room to grow up too fast, (this comforter doesn't look classic little boy to me) so I suggested we add a touch of Batman! He liked the idea, so that is the plan for now. (unless I come across something else that seems to fit him better.) I will keep the Batman to a minimum. It will be brought in through DIY artwork. Something that will make an impact, but also be fast-easy-cheap to replace.

The room itself is currently khaki, so it looks like I will most likely be repainting the room. GRRR! The good news is that we painted our room a very pale gray, and I have quite a bit left so I shouldn't have to purchase anymore paint. The curtains will also have to be changed since they are brown. I'm thinking a dark gray, maybe a solid, maybe a pattern. We'll see. I haven't planned out all of the details just yet, but I feel like we are off to a good start.

We aren't moving the new furniture in until this weekend, so I will spend this week trying to get everything switched around and reorganized. Cade will be losing all of his shelves that he uses to display all of  his stuff so this could get interesting.




Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...