Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Home Tour 2013


Christmas is next week, so I thought I would give you the Christmas Home Tour. Most of it is a lot like the last few years with a few new things sprinkled in.


 This is our third Christmas in our house, but it is the first year that we have had something Christmas-y to hang on the front door. I knew that whatever I made needed to be simple and preferably inexpensive since I would need two. I chose to make Burlap Christmas Tree Door Hangers. I really like them, and they were very simple to make.

 This is our main Christmas Tree. It is covered in various Christmas balls and ornaments that have been made by me, my husband's grandmother, and some that we have collected over the years.
I normally stay with a red, lime green, white, and silver color scheme, but this year I added a little bit of turquoise to the mix. I added the ribbon that was left from the door hangers, and then pained a few of the silver ornaments with turquoise craft  paint.


I was inspired by The Nutcracker Mantle by The Crafted Sparrow to paint simple Nutcracker Silhouettes. My version is on a much smaller scale. I just found silhouettes that I liked, traced them onto printer paper, painted them, and put them in the frames that always hang over the piano.

Here are some more touches of Christmas scattered through the entry and living room.




Cade made this at the art class he goes to.




 Here is a closeup of the hand painted Nativity set made by my friend Victoria at Tales of and Artsy Mama.




This Christmas Tree Banner was also made by Victoria at Tales of an Artsy Mama. The painting is a Nikki original that hangs above our love seat.


This is the Christmas Tree that is in the boys' playroom. It will always be really special. Everything about this tree makes me think of my mom. The tree was originally hers, and  she bought all of ornaments on the tree for the boys. There are trains, cars, sports related ornaments, planes,  and wooden ones that Cade and I colored with markers. She wanted them to have a fun tree that represented them. I had no idea at the time how special it would become. Cade also puts all of his ornaments on there that she bought for him through the years that used to be on our tree in the living room. If we ever chose to put up just one tree, it would be this one.



The breakfast room chandelier is my favorite place to hang this large ornaments. You really should check out the post where I tried to hang them on the top of the Christmas Tree several years ago. It was pretty funny.


I am thankful for a warm home that I get to share with my family this Christmas. I am looking forward to the new memories that will be made this year. We have been so blessed.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...