Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Peach Cobbler


This is one of those recipes that I have been making since I got married.....16 years ago. My husband's grandmother makes it, and passed along the recipe right after we were married. The best part about this dessert is that it is simple, always good, and I have it memorized.

Peach Cobbler

1 stick butter
1 cup milk
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 large can of peaches (do NOT drain)

Put the stick of butter in a baking dish and let it melt while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix milk, self rising flour, and sugar until combined. Pour the mixture over the stick of melted butter, and then pour in the can of peaches. Do not stir.

Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.

*I normally use an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.

Linking this post to:

The Pearl Blog - All Things Pretty Part-ay
Liz Marie Blog
House of Rose
Blissfully Ever After
Love of Home and Family
Tatertots and Jello
I Heart Nap Time
Lil' Luna
Somewhat Simple
Today's Creative Blog
Suburbs Mama
Making Home Base
Design, Dining + Diapers
Frugal Friday - The Shabby Nest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...