Monday, March 17, 2014

Color Dilemma - Help!


I really should have taken an updated picture of the front of our house, but I was lazy, so I dug this one up. It was taken right after we moved in 3 years ago. The shutters are all the the same light gray, the front doors are currently a really dark brown, and the landscaping, may or may not be any better than in these pictures.

We are putting in a new door handle that will require some repair work to our front doors. I will have to paint  the  doors when we are done, so it made me start to think about the exterior colors of our house  again. I have never been excited or really liked the colors, so I decided it was time to give it a little bit more thought. I'm still not even sure that we are ready to tackle this, but since I have to repaint the front door anyway, it would be a good time to change the color.

The brick is a pinkish color, and the siding is a creamy yellow. Those can not be changed. The shutters are currently a light gray, and we are talking about possibly tackling those as well. All of the colors are really light, so I feel like the house could use some darker colors. Black is not an option for the shutters or the doors, it just didn't look right at all.

Oh, and for the record, this is a very sad color mock up. I  just used PicMonkey to kind of get an idea about color. I just knew that I needed to try to picture the colors on the house. I also figured out very quickly that the color options I thought might work, are my least favorite.





 What would you pick? Do you have a favorite combo? I would really like for you to help me. If you have an idea for a totally different color combo that might work, PLEASE tell me in the comments. I am very open to suggestions. I have 2 favorites from this batch, but I'm still not totally sure.

I can tell you for sure, that I don't like black, yellow, or orange with this color brick.


4 comments:

  1. I would say #6, or possible grey (not dark grey) shutters and dark teal door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 3 and 6. Have your thought about dark green/forest green shutters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost said 2, 3, 4 and 6. ha! But I really am not sure I love the dark grey now that I look at it more. I like the look of the light grey shutters actually. Light grey does really work with the color palette. I would definitely choose an option with light grey shutter or the dark brown. Love! the dark brown with it. And although I hate to go with that option because I feel like maybe you might be tired of the teal…it does look really cute! :) Did you try the dark brown with the pea green? Have I helped at at??!! ;) I feel like the answer is no. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...