Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Color Change - I Painted The Back of My Media Cabinet Again


I can't stop painting the back of our media cabinet! It's just too easy.

If you have been reading this blog of mine for any length of time, you may be tired of seeing this; I'm sorry. The good news is that I feel like I finally picked the right color and don't won't to change it. I do like knowing that if I decide to change it, it will cost less than $10, and it will only set me back about an hours worth of time.

Before I give you all of the details, let's take a look back at where this started, and how may transformations it took to get here.


When we first got this media cabinet from a family member, it is was sporting a glazed cream crackle finish with a cranberry back. It was pretty, but not my style.


 I finally found the time to paint this thing white and then painted the back blue. The blue was great with our tan couch, but then we got a blue couch and loveseat. The blue was almost the exact color, but was way too matchy-matchy for this girl.


I decided that my new accent color would be coral. I tried several shades of coral, but could not find one that worked with the lighting in this room. There were times of the day when it look great, but other times is was way too bright, and orange. (as pictured)


I finally decided on a shade of green called Swiftly Green, by Valspar. I will be the first to admit that during most times of the day it is way more yellow than green, but I still really, really like it. I think if it had been more green it would have been too much.

Most of the accessories are the same, but some have been tweaked, and some have been moved.

There are a few more updates to this room that I haven't shown yet. We added a a leather ottoman from Target (found on clearance) to replace the too small wicker cube, moved the wicker cube to the left of the media cabinet, and added a fiddle leaf fig tree to the right side.  Oh, and I can't forget about the ceramic rhino. I found him at Ross for $6. The boys thought he was cool, and I really liked him, so we brought him home.

Do you have a spot in your home that you have painted over and over?

*Don't forget to link your posts up tomorrow for What You Wish Wednesday!


I am linking this post to these blog parties. Please go check them out.

What You Wish Wednesday
It's Overflowing
Liz Marie Blog
House of Rose
Blissfully Ever After
Love of Home and Family

Making Home Base
Design, Dining + Diapers
Hit Me Me With Your Best Shot
House by Hoff - Get Your DIY On

1 comment:

  1. Great colors Nikki!! Love that a small piece of color can change the room so much :) Thank you for sharing with us at Get Your DIY on with your Room Revamp. I hope you'll join us next month for your Pinterest Inspired Project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...