Friday, May 16, 2014
Five on Friday
I hope you have all had a great week. It has been an interesting one here, and I am really looking forward to a relaxing weekend.
1. The boys gave me a hydrangea for Mother's Day, and I finally got it planted. It is so little and cute. I can't wait for it to grow and be full of beautiful blooms. I purposely didn't test my soil so that I would be surprised by what color the blooms are. I have a feeling they will be blue. We got a ton of rain this week, so that is the reason the leaves are covered in dirt. Oops! I still to get more pine straw to finish this flower bed.
2. This was our first full week of Summer. One of my favorite things about homeschooling is that we can choose not to take all of those piddly holidays, and finish early for the year. After a week with no plan or routine, I can tell that I need to come up with something. We all do better with some structure to our day.
3. Tuesday night my sister and I went to my dad's house to go through some of Mom's stuff. It is such a long, hard process. We found this gem in her jewelry box. I'm not exactly sure what year it was, but I would say it was around 84-85. This was Christmas one year and my grandparents house in South Florida. (pictured from L to R: my little brother, me, my little cousin, and my little sister)
4. Thurday my sis had the day off, so she came over to hang out. It has been way too longs since we have just hung out. I was having too much fun to take any pictures.
5. I took some flower pots back to TJMaxx that I decided I didn't want. I had a store credit, so I picked up this rug. I still can't get enough chevron.