Friday, August 22, 2014

Five on Friday!


I hope you have all had a wonderful week! It has been a great week here, but I am looking forward to a little down time as a family.

 Me and Asher before My Sister's Wedding - Photo by Cade

one. My little sister got married this week. It was really sweet, she looked really pretty, and I'm just really happy for her. She married a guy that I went to high school with, so I have known him forever. He's a great guy and we are happy to have him as part of our family. She is having a reception later this fall, so there is a good chance some DIY Wedding Reception Stuff may make an appearance on the blog at some point.

two. We haven't done anything this week that we didn't have to do. We start school on Monday, so I guess we have just been trying to savor the last few days of Summer. It's been too hot to do anything!

three. I was really hoping to have our new chalkboard done before we started school on Monday, but it just isn't going to happen. And it's really ok! I have to keep reminding myself that I can't do everything.

Every time I went to Lowes they were out of chalkboard paint. I finally just ordered it on Amazon. I don't know why I didn't just do that to begin with. I would have had plenty of time had I done that to begin with. It could have already been done by now. Oh, well.


four. Asher brought home a bucket of pears last night. Cade is the only one is our family that really likes them. (I have started to like them pretty good, but don't always like them.) I made pear bread, pear crisp, and am going to make a pear gingersnap cheesecake tomorrow for my Daddy's birthday. The 2 things I have already made are delicious! I was surprised by how much I liked them. We still have just enough left for Cade to eat as snacks for a few days.



five. Be on the lookout next week for the new Homeschool Series to launch.

Have a great weekend!





2 comments:

  1. I love that green dress!! You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that green dress! thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a nice comment. fall all around, right?! i hear ya with the pumpkin spice lattes!
    b

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...