I have a super quick little craft project for you today.
A few weeks ago I decided that we should switch several rooms around in our house. It has been kind of crazy around here with all of the furniture moving, putting new furniture together, moving cables, getting rid of junk, and so on. We are making progress, but sometimes you just need to do a quick project just for fun.
This is that project.
I normally would probably not recover a notebook. I would just buy a pretty notebook to begin with. But this particular notebook is kind of special. I found it a few weeks ago at my parent's house while going through more of my Mom's stuff. She had tons of notebooks for lists, and recipes, and all kinds of things. When I opened this notebook it had a Thanksgiving Menu List and a few recipes. She had only written on a few pages, so I decided to keep it and use it. I know I'll enjoy seeing her handwriting when I flip through it. I also knew that I would enjoy the notebook more if I liked the cover.
Nothing a little scrapbook paper and Mod Podge can't fix!
Paper Cutter or Ruler, Pencil, and Scissors
- Measure the cover of your notebook and cut the scrapbook paper 1" wider and 1/2" longer than the cover
(sorry that this pic is a little blurry)
- Attach the paper to the front of the cover. I have the best results by starting at the top (make sure it is centered), and then smoothing it out slowly working my way to the bottom.
- Turn the cover over and fold the paper that in towards the cover making a nice crease.
- Open it back up and then add Mod Podge to the extra and fold over on the notebook to make a nice clean edge. Do the 2 sides first.
- Cut the little corners off of the bottom and then repeat the previous step for the bottom.
- You now have nice clean edges on your notebook.
I stop here, but you can apply Mod Podge to the front of the cover to make it a little more durable. I would suggest using the Matte finish if you do this step.
This is such an easy project. It took me less than 5 minutes from start to finish. It was nice to actually finish a project!
Have you ever recovered an ugly notebook?
Linking this project to:
What You Wish Wednesday