I know what you are thinking...how is this a simple painted project?
I have a few tips to keep it simple, but first let me walk you though what you are looking at.
1. This is what this media cabinet/bookcases looked like when we got it.
2. I painted the main body of the bookcases white, and then painted the back a light blue.
3. We got new light blue couches, so the blue was too much blue. I added coral as a new accent color.
4. I was over the coral and painted the back yellow.
So far, I have painted these roughly every 6 months since they have been in our home. I like to change things up, and this has been a very easy, inexpensive way to do just that.
How I keep It Simple
- I use those little sample size pots of paint from Lowes. They introduce new colors each season and it is an easy way to add a new, updated color. It takes 2 of those to paint this set of bookcases. I can also finish this in about an hour.
- I don't paint behind the tv or dvr each time. They are painted a color that just blends into the tv so that it doesn't stand out. It would not be a simple project if I had to deal with that every time.
This post is day 10 of a 31 day Series. You can see all 31 Simple Painted Projects HERE.