Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Painted Urns

When we moved into our new house just over 3 months ago I knew that our front porch needed something. I hadn't really put much thought into the porch,  but had started looking at pots to put on either side of the front door. Everything that I saw was more than I wanted to spend so I quit thinking about it.

Our neighbors across the street are also remodeling there house so they always have a large pile of trash at the end of the week for the trash truck. Last week they threw away this set of plant urns.



Yes, they are plastic. Yes, they had a bad paint job. And yes, I picked them up and put them in the back of my SUV on the way to get takeout. They were free and I knew that they would look great on my porch with a little effort.

I gave them a good wipe down, a few coats of primer, and few coats of black spray paint. I added a fern that I already had and one the my MIL let me have for the other one.


Much better. It looks like someone lives here now. I'm not ready to tackle the rest of the porch just yet, but when I am, that front door is the first thing on the list. I just need to pick a color.


Here's a close up.

Thank you neighbor for disguarding these urns.
They look great on my porch.

Have you picked up any of your neighbor's cast offs lately?


Linked up to these parties:
Just a Girl - Show and Share Day




Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs and seeing all the pictures! You're an inspiration! LOL...but seriously, you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes girl! So many cast offs. I would love to have you and your boys over. I'll give you a tour of the cast offs while my littleman gives them a tour of his toys! Love the blog! Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Great! Can't wait to come see even more of what is going on inside!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...