Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2 Bills 2 Blow - Welcome to Heardmont



Hi everybody, I'm Meredith. We've got a guest bathroom reno on the brain here at Welcome to Heardmont, so when Nikki asked me to participate in her 2 Bills 2 Blow series, I knew I'd be dreaming of ways to spend my $200 on finishing out the room.

What you see below is a mood board for our guest bath. We're so close to finishing the dirty work - we've painted the walls and ceiling, updated the vanity, and just have to address the area above the countertop before the bones of the room will be done. With my $200, I'd splurge on a combination of colorful and classic bathroom accessories - everything below with a gold star on it!

Bathroom NikkisNacs

The lighting above the vanity is currently a chrome Hollywood-style fixture. I'd love to replace it with a more classic brushed nickel fixture like this one.

Lighting
If I could have had $1400 to blow, I would have bought an original Michelle Armas painting like the one in our mood board. Instead, I painted my own version. To make the fun colors in this piece really pop I'd pick up some coral towels.

Walmart Towels
Walmart, $27
Keeping guests' feet warm is a must. I love these shaggy bath mats from West Elm and would snatch a white one up right away.

West Elm Bathmat
West Elm, $24
Two glass canisters from Pottery Barn (small and medium, please) would be perfect for displaying cotton swabs and other necessities in plain sight.

Pottery Barn Canisters
Pottery Barn, $19 and $29
I'd replace our plastic soap dispenser with this glass and metal one in a heartbeat. The best part is that this one turns any liquid soap into foaming hand soap!
Soap Pump
Last but not least, I'd treat our guests to a lovely bouquet of fresh flowers from our local grocery store. Peach roses would look great with our colorful painting and towels.

Flowers
Grocery store, $10
So that's how I would use my $200 to finish our guest bath in style. What would you do with $200 to spend on your house?

Bathroom NikkisNacs

Thanks for inviting me to participate in this series, Nikki! I had so much fun and can't wait to see what your other contributors would buy with their 200 smackeroos. :)



Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...