Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2 Bills 2 Blow - Simple Dwellings



Hi readers! I'm Amber from the design blog Simple Dwellings, and I'm so excited to be a part of Nikki's series today! It's so fun to imagine stumbling upon an extra $200 for home decor! My only problem when thinking about this idea, was how would I choose?? I have so many projects stirring around in my head on a daily basis and always new ideas to try! (Thanks a lot, pinterest!)  :) But I think I know exactly what I would do! I recently painted our kitchen and family room walls from very dark colors, to a light, airy blue/gray color. Now I need another project for this space!
The New Walls








I'm happy with the result, but now feel that the draperies might need some updating. I would like to go with a more modern, grommet style panel, like you see here:



I love the look of grommet detailing! For the size I need, the price is $29.99 for each panel at Target. I would need 4 panels in all, totalling about $120 so far! Woo- hoo- some money left to spend! Here's what I would do next:
Instead of leaving the curtains plain white, I have a plan! I have stenciled walls before, but I have always wanted to try and stencil drapery panels. I think it would give pattern near the sliding doors and work well against the rustic look of the bamboo shades I already have! Here are my inspiration pictures for this project:










This is the stencil I am thinking about for my project:



This stencil is from Olive Leaf Stencils and would look amazing on plain white curtains! I would choose a dark charcoal paint and read up on all of the great tutorials out there for stenciling drapery panels!
So with the purchase of this stencil and a quart of paint, that pretty much cleans me out of money! I would have an empty wallet, but a huge smile on my face!  :)
Thanks so much for having me, Nikki!






Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me over today, Nikki! This was so fun to think about. Now, I just need this to come true! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think that fun curtains make a huge impact in any room. I'm hoping to do this in my master bedroom...one day. I have to pick out a color. I keep changing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern on the curtain and the inspiration dinning room is awesome! Love that style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...