Monday, June 10, 2013

Sentimental Art + Spray Paint





 Our living room and entry have gone through quite a few changes in last few months. One of the many changes is  the art above the record player console table. These asian looking metal art panels used to be in my Mom's house. She purchased them from a second hand store and I have always liked them.

(bad phone pic)

When they were hanging in her house they a yellowish color (the same as her wall color) and the edges of all of the flowers were gold.

I liked the art, but not the color. I had  planned to paint them a color, but when I stood on the spray paint isle I couldn't decide on a color. Nothing seemed right. I was having a party at my house at the end of the week, so I really wanted to get them done. I went with white. It's nice and safe.


The white is perfect! It took me a little bit to get used to them looking so different, but I like that they are in my house. They are a nice reminder of my Mom, and they look great!


White spray paint for the win!









3 comments:

  1. Your blog is looking fly chick. Your pics are awesome! So glad you are back into doing it again. Maybe I am too. Who knows? Anyway I am spending this Saturday catching up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you could repurpose this treasure from your mom's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE them painted white and I LOVE that they were your mother's. Now they are yours but in your style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...