Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Big Boy Room - Progress


This room has been in the works for a LONG time. Like, a really long time. This room was initially Cade's room when we first moved it.


I really liked this room when it was Cade's. The room was pretty classic with a little bit of Super Hero thrown in. We never did get around to building the day bed for the room before he inherited the
furniture from his great-grandmother that was the starting point for switching rooms. The new furniture would not fit in this room. The layout just wasn't right.

Right after Cade's room was done I had plans to work on Henry's room, but when he switched rooms with Cade I really didn't want to redo the room that was just finished. Henry was excited about it, so it stayed like this. Ok, so it wasn't exactly like this. Henry has a long dresser, so the bed didn't stay centered on this wall, It was moved to the left and the dresser was on the right. It stayed like this for way longer than I care to admit.

Back in December I was looking through one of the local buy, sell, trade sites on Facebook, and came across someone selling a car themed quilt, sheets, lamp, bank, curtains, wall canvas, curtain panels, a sham, and 2 car shaped pillows that were from Target.  There was also a striped potter barn rug. I showed the picture to Henry just to see if he liked it. He liked it, but I wasn't sure that was what I wanted to do. Well, it turns out the every single time I asked Henry what he wanted for Christmas, his  response was, " I want the car room stuff." He left me no choice, I had to scoop it up. I was just thankful that it was still available. I wrapped every bit of it up and put it under the Christmas Tree. It is still his favorite thing that he got.

He didn't let me waste any time putting it in his room. Before the day was over his bed was made and the curtains were hung. I was still procrastinating on extending the rectangle to a stripe, but I tackled it this weekend. It ended up being really easy, and didn't take very long at all. I'm not sure why I put it off so long.




The headboard was a Craigslist find.




The angry bird is Henry's personal touch. He made me cut it out of a candy box.


Henry's reading corner is one of my favorite spots. The little red rocker was my mom's when she was a little girl. Henry had always been a rocker, so she wanted him to have it. Before she passed away I wanted to have it recovered, but now I'm not sure that I can do it.


This spot needs some updating. It won't be anything major, but I have a few changes in mind.



The room is mostly done, but there are still a few things on my to do list.

To Do List
-art for above the bed (diy?)
-art for above the dresser (diy?)
-update the accessories on the wall shelves
-exchange the light/ceiling fan for a new one


 

The most important thing is how much this little man likes his "car room".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...