Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dining Room Updates - New Buffet



A few weeks ago when I revealed the changes to the dining room, I had no idea that we would be adding a buffet to this room.

This buffet has been one of my favorite pieces of furniture since we purchased it about seven years ago. When we moved to this house 3 years ago, I was looking forward to using it in the dining room, but it was needed elsewhere. It was used as a tv/media stand for a little while in our living room, and then it was used in our den by the back door. It held my camera, all of the boys' jackets, hats, and everything else we needed quick access to when heading out the door.

Two weeks ago I got a text from my husband with a picture of an armoire asking if I wanted it.  It looked really nice, so I told him to bring it home. I had no idea where, or how I would use it, but I was sure I could come up with something.

It didn't take me too long to figure out that the armoire would be perfect in the den by the back door to acting as a closet, and the buffet could go in the dining room. I was so excited to get my buffet back!


It was so nice to pull my glassware, crystal, and extra dishes out of the kitchen cabinets and put them in the dining room.




I like to keep it real, so just know that this basket full of fresh lemons and cloth napkins doesn't normally sit here. The basket goes in another room, the napkins go in a drawer, and the lemons stay in the fridge. This buffet is usually covered in schools papers and hot wheels.


Adding the buffet made it really easy to figure out the art on the wall situation. When I did the reveal a few weeks ago, I mentioned that I was going to change the gold mirror and replace it with something, but wasn't exactly sure what. When we moved the buffet in, having the metal art on either side of the mirror above the buffet was too much, so I took the gold mirror down and hung the white metal art on the opposite wall. I am really happy with how it turned out!


I think the room is finally done. The only thing still on my radar in this room are the knobs on the buffet. They were originally an antique brass color, and I spray painted them silver about 4-5 years ago. I will either replace them or repaint them gold. I'm sure you will hear about it when I decided.

And just in case you forgot or haven't been reading long, here is the progression of this room. It has come a long way.


Want to know about our dining room table? We built it from Oak Flooring.

http://nikkisnacs.blogspot.com/2014/02/new-dining-room-table-made-from-oak.html


I am linking this post to these blog parties. Please go check them out.
It's Overflowing
The Pearl Blog - All Things Pretty Part-ay
Liz Marie Blog
House of Rose
Blissfully Ever After
Love of Home and Family
Tatertots and Jello
I Heart Nap Time
Lil' Luna
Somewhat Simple
Today's Creative Blog
Suburbs Mama
Making Home Base
Design, Dining + Diapers
Frugal Friday - The Shabby Nest  
House By Hoff - Get Your DIY On

4 comments:

  1. I love the wall color! I am always so drawn to teal/turquoise. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I forgot to mention that the warm wood tones of the buffet, dining table, and the blinds look amazing with the teal. Love it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I have always been drawn to all shades of blues and greens. The room definitely needed the warmness of the wood. It really made such a difference in the overall feel of the room.

      Delete
  2. Love love love the color! Dining room redo is on my to do list in the near future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...