Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pineapple Cobber



Ok. I have never even heard of pineapple cobbler, so this is how this went down.

It rained all day on Sunday.
I wanted a pineapple dessert.
I looked on pinterest and couldn't find anything that sounded good that I actually had all of the ingredients for.
I didn't want to go to the store in the rain. (I'm such a baby.)
I had the thought to substitute a can of pineapple for the can of peaches in my normal cobbler recipe.

1 hour later.....I was a happy camper with a bowl of pineapple cobbler. It was really good!

Ingredients

1 stick butter
1 cup milk
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 (20oz.) can of pineapple chunks (in syrup not juice - do NOT drain)


Instructions

Put the stick of butter in a baking dish and let it melt while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix milk, self rising flour, and sugar until combined. Pour the mixture over the stick of melted butter, and then pour in the can of pineapple. Do not stir.

Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.


(Note - I only had pineapple in juice on hand, so I used that. It was good, but just a little tart. I always use peaches in syrup for peach cobbler, so I think that the pineapple in syrup would be better. If you only have, or prefer pineapple in juice, go for it.)






2 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious and easy to make. Pinning to my recipe board. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki, this looks really unique and refreshing! Thanks for sharing. I might have to try this soon ;) Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...