Monday, November 14, 2011

Got $200? - Let's Add Some Pattern and Color

First, let me say that I think I am stuck on $200. I think that so many people feel like they have to spend a lot of money or be able to DIY everything in sight to make updates to their home. That is simply not true. You don't have to break the bank to bring some life into your sea of beige house.

How do you get from a house that is full of neutral solids (because you were scared to make a choice) to a home that reflects your personal style? You bring in PATTERN and COLOR. What is the easiest most affordable way to bring in pattern and color?  The answer is fabric. It can be very affordable and easily changed when you decide that you have a new fav color.

I plan to bring you a new Got $200? post each week. I will focus on living rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms, and will use many different combinations of color. My personal favs are brown, teal, and green, but I promise to give you more that just my favs. If you have any requests feel free to email me.

For $200 you can get 2 window panels (assuming that you have 1 window),  2 teal Ikat pillow covers, 1 imperial trellis pillow cover, and 2 green lattice pillow covers.

That is a pretty good dose of pattern and color for $200. Sure, you can bring in other accessories, but just curtains and pillows will go a long way to making your home feel more put together.

Curtain Panels by Target- 95" panels - $29.99 each, 84" panels - $24.99 each
Teal Ikat Pillow Cover  by Nelson Design- $30 each
Imperial Trellis Pillow Cover by Nelson Design - $45 each
Set of 2 Green Lattice Pillow Covers by Fabric Junkie - $34 for pair


images via: Target, Nelson Design, Fabric Junkie



Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a lot of greatness for $200. Really liking the curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea - you can do a lot for little money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that brown and white pillow! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...