Monday, January 12, 2015
I have been trying to come up with a good way to organize and store my jewelry for a really long time! I have been through so many different jewelry boxes, in all shapes and sizes, but nothing was working for me.
- I was trying to store my jewelry in our master bedroom.
- Our bathroom is tiny, so I shower in our bathroom, throw on some clothes, and then head downstairs to do my hair and makeup in the bigger bathroom.
- Once I am downstairs, I never make it back upstairs.
- I usually end up taking my earrings and bracelets off at some point in the afternoon or early evening, so they end up scattered throughout the downstairs.
My Jewelry Storage Requirements
- Must to be able to hang up all of my necklaces
- Must to be able to store all jewelry in one place
- Must to be closed storage, not out in the open
- Must be in the downstairs bathroom
I was putting some things away in the down stairs bathroom the other day, and I realized that I had a lot of wasted space in the cabinets. It just kind of hit me, that with a little bit of rearranging, I had the perfect spot.
I picked out a shelf and then got to work. I knew I wanted something to hang my necklaces across the back of the cabinet. My first thought was to cut a piece of scrap wood and then add some type of hooks or nails. I waited a few days and realized that I could make it even simpler. I grabbed a piece foam core board that I had on hand and then covered it in a piece of scrap fabric from my stash using duck tape.
Once my board was all cute, I add clear pushpins across the back. I put the board in the cabinet and then put all of my jewelry in.
I had plenty of room to hang all of my necklaces. I added a few ceramic egg crates that I already had for earrings, and then a small jewelry box that I already had for bracelets. I just placed my watches on the shelf and then added a small tray for a few more earrings that didn't quite fit in the egg crates. The little white elephant (Roll Tide) hold my wedding rings when I am not wearing them.
I have been using this system since the first of the year, and it is working beautifully! I no longer have to hunt for wear I last put my gold hoops or my watch.
I should have taken the time to repaint the inside of this cabinet, but I just didn't have it in me. I did clean out and organize the rest of the cabinet, so it really is a WIN!
Where to you store your jewelry?