Last week a left you with a peek at my latest project. Did any of you guess that I was going to make a
The door that leads to the garage from our den isn't pretty. At all. There is a weird screen over the window that needed to be covered up. In true Nikki form I decided that I would try to cover it very stylishly without spending much money.
Let me just say that while I am very happy with the end result, the process was pure torture. I traced each pointy oval with a pencil and then filled them in with paint. It took forever! It wouldn't have been bad if I was good a pacing myself and had spread this out over a few days, but I did it all at once. I just couldn't seem to stop until it was done. Not pacing yourself = torture. Otherwise, it was quite simple.
I chose to do a fixed roman shade because I didn't need it to function. I just wanted the ugly screen/window covered up. I followed this tutorial from Centstional Girl.
Later this week I plan to show you a true before of this room and another little update that I made.
This post is linked to these parties:
Tatertots and Jello
Just a Girl