Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas 2012

I know that Christmas has come and gone. Most of you have moved on to organizing and your goals for the New Year, but I'm still trying to process Christmas.

This was the first Christmas without my Mom. It was hard. It was hard because it came so soon. Hard because it was so different. It was also good. It was good because I have 2 precious boys that have been looking forward to Christmas. They were really excited!

We made the usual rounds to my husband's Grandmother's houses. We enjoyed a nice Christmas Eve with my husbands' parents and then spent the rest of the afternoon getting ready for Christmas day. I cried all afternoon making my Mama's stuffing while my sweet husband smoked the turkey.

The boys woke up early on Christmas morning and stumbled into our room all sleepy eyed ready to read the Christmas Story from the Bible. This is still my favorite thing that we do with our boys. After reading and emptying stockings we headed down stairs so that the boys could open their gifts. All of our family was super generous to all of us this year.

My Dad, Sis, and Father-in-law and Mother-in law came to our house for lunch. The boys were happy to have more attention! It was a sad, happy, weird day. But, we were all together (well, the ones that live here, we missed my brother and his fam, and my sis-in-law and her fam). I'm hoping that next year will be a little easier.

I didn't do a good job remembering to take pics of much other than my kids. Oh, well. Here is the photo dump of what I did take. There is one really awesome pic of me and my sis!




















The smoked turkey was great!





Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...