Saturday, January 5, 2013

Save the Soup


I am always up for trying a new slow cooked recipe that sounds fool proof. I think this recipe for Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana would have been had I read the actual LIST OF INGREDIENTS correctly. In my defense, I did have 5 kids at my house on this particular day, the whole reason that I thought slow cooker soup was a great idea for dinner.

I basically just added double the amount of chicken broth, so our soup was extremely SOUPY and didn't have enough flavor. There was no rescuing it for dinner that night, but I did manage to save it for the next day.

The first thing I did was add a good bit of parmesan cheese, I'm thinking 1/2 cup ish, a lot of salt, some italian seasoning, and black pepper and red pepper.  It was still too soupy with the addition of the parmesan cheese so I new I needed something to soak up the excess liquid. I boiled about a cup of small pasta, added it to the mix and put it in the fridge until the next night.

The next night I pulled out the pot of soup and the consistency was just right. The pasta had done it's job and the soup was saved.

All of that to say that if you are looking for a nice hearty soup, this recipe is a winner. Just make sure you read the actual list of ingredients and you should be good.




Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...