Wednesday, March 5, 2014

2 Bills 2 Blow - Grace Lee Cottage


Do you remember the fun little series, "2 Bills 2 Blow", where different bloggers pretend they have just $200, and they share how they would spend the money in there home to make the most impact? Yes. No. Maybe?

It has been a while, but I have rounded up some really great bloggers to participate.  This week Leah, from Grace Lee Cottage is here to share how she would spend the money in her home. She has a beautiful home; be sure to go check it out after you read this. 

I hope you enjoy!

.................................................................................................


Hi everyone! I'm Leah from Grace Lee Cottage.  I am so excited and honored that Nikki asked me to guest post on her fabulous blog today! I have to say it didn't take me long to decide how I would blow 200 bucks! 

Since Christmas I have had organizing on the brain! Since New Years  I have been re-evaluating each space in our home, sorting, donating unwanted items, and re-organizing one space at a time.

I am finally to the point where I know what items I would like to purchase to finish up my whole house organizing project.  Today I thought I would focus on the main living spaces in our home.  I decided the best way to break it all down would be room by room, so let's get started!

Our Kitchen  


After evaluating my storage needs, and after lots of cleaning and purging, I decided the following two items would be very helpful in here!
Expand-a-Drawer Cutlery Tray from The Container Store. 17.99


In-Drawer Spice Rack Set

In-Drawer Spice Rack with 12 glass spice bottles from The Container Store.  27.99

Right now I have a drawer in my kitchen where we just throw in all of our larger utensils. No organization whatsoever! This tray would be perfect for whipping that drawer of mine into shape. 

 I absolutely love the idea of organized spice storage that will fit neatly in a drawer!  It's the perfect solution for those of us with limited counter space!


Our Laundry Room 


 I've mentioned several times how I desperately need a hamper with compartments to allow for sorting.  This one from Target is great because it doesn't take up much space, yet it still has 3 separate compartments.  I love the look of the drawers and the extra surface space on top!

Hamper 3-Drawer Storage Unit - Natural
3-Drawer Hamper from Target. 32.99


Our Living Room


I am constantly picking up books, magazines, and toys from our living room floor. I think a cool magazine holder like this one from Target would be a great fit to our space.
 Household Essentials Banana Leaf Magazine Rack - Natural
Magazine Holder from Target. 25.99


As for the toys that are always scattered around, maybe something like this would work.
Threshold™ Round Tufted Storage Ottoman - Gray Textured Weave
Threshold Storage Ottoman from Target. 47.99


I'm always a fan of anything that provides more than one function.  This ottoman would allow for toy storage as well as extra seating.

And since we are always looking for the remote controls, maybe one of these would be nice?

Bentwood Remote Control Rack from The Container Store.  17.99


Our Back Entrance/Mini Mudroom


Something we are in need of in this space is an umbrella holder. Right now we just toss them in the laundry room. I think this holder would be a much better solution.

Smart Umbrella Stand from The Container Store. 24.99

I love how the little trays are removable so you can dump out any water. I also love how it holds various sized umbrellas.

Our Bathroom


We have only one bathroom in our entire house for our family of four, so proper storage and function in here is so important.  One thing that our bathroom is lacking is something to hold all of our shampoo bottles, razors, soap, etc. Right now things are just sitting on the edge of the tub, and they are constantly getting knocked off.  This collection of Power Lock baskets and accessories from The Container Store would be the perfect solution!

Power Lock Basket. 9.99 (I would probably need 2  of these!)



That wraps up how I would spend an extra $200, with a few bucks to spare!  Now if only those $200 would magically appear so I could go shopping! Thanks so much Nikki for having me today. This has been so much fun!

Have a BLESSED day,



....................................................................................................................

If you are interested in participating in this series, please send me an email. I'd love to add you to the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...